Pedernales Golf Club
Local Rules and Etiquette
- When another player is shooting, no player should talk, whistle, hum, clink coins, or pass gas.
- Don’t play until the group in front is out of the way.
- Excessive displays of affection are discouraged. Violators must replace divots and will be penalized five strokes.
- Replace divots, smooth footprints in bunkers, brush backtrail with branches, park car under brush, and have the office tell your spouse you’re in a conference.
- Let faster groups play through.
- On the putting green, don’t step on another’s line.
- “Freebies” are not recommended for players with short putts.
- No more than twelve in your foursome.
- Gambling is forbidden, of course, unless you’re stuck or you need a legal deduction for charitable or educational expenses.
- All carts are not allowed within 20 ft. of traps or aprons surrounding greens.
- No bikinis, mini-skirts, skimpy see-through, or sexually exploitative attire allowed. Except on women.
- Please leave course in the condition in which you would like for it to be found.
USGA Rules govern play except where amended by a Local Rule.
Ball lying in on road, gravel or a topped cart trail, or within a club length of gravel or topped cart trail, may be dropped two club lengths from the original lie at a point not nearer the hole or fairway without penalty. Ball lying in ground crack may be lifted without penalty and dropped back one club length on line of ball and flagstick. Water hazards are indicated by yellow stakes. Out of Bounds lines are marked by fence or white stakes.